Children and youth of the Philippine Islands who are held captive by the bondage of poverty and lack of education will be set free to dream of a prosperous and productive future. They will break the cycle of poverty that has enslaved them and their families. They will know about the loving grace of Jesus Christ and be encouraged to give their lives to Him. They will grow to be strong successful Christian adults who will have a transforming impact on their society and nation.
- To provide hope for the children and youth of the Philippine Islands who are held captive by poverty and lack of education by assisting them to attend school.
- To provide for the nutritional needs of the children and their families.
- To introduce the children and their families to Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, who will be a source of strength and encouragement and hope for the remainder of their lives.
- To assist pastors and other individuals who teach children and young adults the principles of Christianity, character qualities and personal habits that will help them become successful adults and world changers.
- To seek pastors and individuals native to the Philippines who are already ministering to children and we work through them to accomplish the above stated mission.
Strategy – What We Do
- Pay school expenses for children who, without financial help, would not be able to attend school.
- Give assistance to our sponsored children who wish to continue on to college to prepare for a successful future. This is quite amazing for a child who could not attend even elementary school without financial assistance.
- Provide meals for malnourished children and their families living at dumpsites, on the streets and under bridges. The frequency varies by location and need.
- Provide funds for job training for young men and women who do not have the education needed to be self sustaining and productive in society.
- Work through local church leaders and pastors who know the children and families and their needs. We send small financial support to these leaders and require a monthly report on the ministry, accountability of the money sent for ministry and to let us know of unmet needs.
- Recruit sponsors and investors to help with the cost of food, education and discipleship training for the children.
- Travel to the Philippines once a year to visit locations where we sponsor children and youth. We meet with the local pastors and leaders who care for the children and visit personally with as many of the children as is possible.
- Between annual visits, we are in frequent contact with our onsite leadership through e-mail.